Saturday, August 21, 2010

Far too long...

So in June it was my first time back in Canada for almost two years. It was good to be home and it was definitely worth not telling anyone that I was coming back so I could surprise my family.
I showed up at my parents house, had to wait a few hours for them to come home, but the look on their faces was priceless. It was a bit planned as in I told them I would be calling around 10 that evening. That was the time I would get to their house so they should have been waiting by the phone. It didn't work out perfectly which is why I spent a few hours waiting in the backyard but it was still a great surprise for them nonetheless.
The next day we drove up to Toronto to surprise my sister while she was at work. I really should have just kept doing surprise pop-ins with everyone I knew, that would have been interesting.

It took me a few days to get over the jet lag and get myself moving but when I finally did I was busy.
I wish I would have been a bit busier though. I got to see a lot of friends I hadn't seen in a long time but I didn't get to see everyone I wanted to see. I'm talking about people I have known for years but just didn't manage my time well enough to see. If any of you are reading this I'm sorry about that, you should know who you are I hope. Come out here anytime and I will show you some amazing places that you won't ever forget.

I am absolute shit at keeping in touch with people who aren't in the 'six inches in front of my face' (Pacino in any given sunday, anyone?). I have been telling myself this for years. I get so caught up in the here and the now, always have, that I often loose focus on other people and things.
Might have a new years resolution in the works here... Have I tried this one before?
I just hope that old friends are still friends and that new ones stick. Isn't that what we all hope for?

When I got back to Indonesia I dove right into work the next day and feel like I haven't stopped since. I have been doing my usual drinking/being a lazy sod on the weekends. I bought my first guitar ever when I got here. I have always wanted to play but never tried hard enough to get something going. I talked to a few people about it back in Canada and they kept saying "teach yourself", so that's what I'm trying. Picked up a nice acoustic yahama and have been pickin' away at it every week. I'll keep you posted on how that goes.

Got my hair cut for the first time in over a year which was much needed due to the heat here. I'm much cooler these days, in a temperature sense of course. Speaking of hair, last night I made an interesting bet with Tom. Next week we are going to play pool, best out of 9 games, first to 5 is obviously the winner. Loser has to get a perm. The perm was probably sparked in Tom's head by a New Kids On The Block video we saw earlier in the night. So by next Sunday I may have a perm... Shit...

Will update this more, I hope. I've said that plenty of times...

No comments:

Post a Comment