Monday, May 18, 2009

From Then Till Now

Haven't used this in a while...

I'm sitting here trying to think about what's been happening over the past month and all I can really think about is work.
That's all I have really been doing this past month.

I did do my taxes which ended up having a happy ending. I received quite a decent sum from our government. Most of what I claimed I didn't pay taxes on... can't wait for that audit...
When my return popped up in my account I took all of LABU (the house I live in) out for drinks and pool, it was a really good time. I felt like a baller that night.

Two of my housemates, Tom and Charlie, decided to rent a house in Medan for themselves. They picked a really nice place on the edge of town in a quiet complex. Getting a place there was pretty tempting. It's a single floor house with a garage and it only cost them 15 Million Rupiah for the year which translates into about 15o0 Canadian. It blows my mind because back in Toronto my place was 1150 a month...
I was later convinced that it wouldn't be the best idea for me to get one because I will likely be here only for one more year before I move on.

Speaking of which, when my new contract starts I will be moving from IEC (my school) to SIA which is IEC's "sister school". SIA is run like an actual school, because it is an actual school, where as IEC is just an English school. I am excited for the new challenge and the change of pace. My schedule now is basically all evening shifts which is 1:30 - 9:00. When I head to SIA I will be on 9-6ers.
It seems like it's the best option for me. I wouldn't have to worry about finding another job, and since my school is run by the same "MAN" I could transfer very easily. Another bonus is that I wouldn't have to move, and I should get a half-decent pay increase once a new contract is signed.

Next year will be JAPAN. That is a definite. I don't have a job set up yet but I am extremely determined to go live and work there. I have been or quite a long time.
I have been talking to a few friends from Japan that I use to work with in Toronto who are now back in Japan and they are on the lookout for jobs for me.
My one pal Kazuki hooked me up with a really good website for jobs in Japan and I have been browsing it a lot. It seems like most schools there are looking for 2 years experience minimum which I will have by then so I am stoked.


I will be off to China in a month which I am extremely amped for...
and damn I'll be 24 in less than a week... I don't feel 24

2 comments:

  1. Dude, you should so go to Japan and maybe I can swing by and see you...it's been too long, haha.
    Let's not forget about Iceland though...I'll get the money, but that's a definite on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bud,
    who is living in Labu with you now?

    ReplyDelete